You Smile We Smile !
Annual India Visit .
Our next annual visit to india is schedule for January 15 to February 15, 2018.
For more information on our upcoming visit contact Balbir Sohi, founder of My Dream Smile
During our time in India, our team provides an array of workshops and programs to the children to promote effective oral health education. In addition to spreading oral health awareness, My Dream Smile also sponsors youth education to those who are unable to afford it. There are several ambitious children who wish to pursue further education but are unable to do so due to poor financial status. Along with promoting health awareness, we also focus on giving motivational speeches on building self-confidence and improving self-esteem. At the end of each presentation, we provide everyone with a toothbrush and toothpaste as a call to action.
By raising money with the help of our appreciated donors we have been able to contribute the following ways in India over the past 8 years:
1. Donated over 8000 sets of toothbrushes and toothpaste to children in low-income schools and villages
2. Delivered oral health and general health presentations at 41 primary and secondary village schools
3. Sponsored education for seven girls and two boys.
4. Presented nutritional presents and fruits to villages schools.
5. Donated over 200 bags of flour to poor villagers and slum dwellers, installed fans in residential rooms of an institution in Orissa for blind girls and installed water coolers in 2 village schools for the students and the villagers. We also Organized a trip to Harmandir Sahib (Sikh Temple) for 60 seniors who had never had the opportunity (A trip of a life time for them!)
The joy and satisfaction we feel by doing such deeds is beyond words. The happiness that the recipients express has no bounds. We have received letters from schools and district boards expressing appreciation for the information and help provided. Our mission is to continue to help underprivileged children in developing countries and improve their quality of life significantly.